The 63rd National Garment Fair organized by the Clothing Manufacturers Association of India (CMAI) from July 13th to 15th, 2016 at the Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai ended up with an orders bonanza for Manufacturers of apparel industry.
The garment fair which is usually in exhibition mode was generating sales too for the exhibitors showing the sheer resilience of this industry in general. This edition could be qualified as India’s largest ever garment fair with 800 brands on display and 4000+ retailers visiting.
Team Ginesys felt welcomed at CMAI as we had a good footfall at our stall of garment manufacturers and retailers enquiring about our product suite including production and retail point of sales. A lot of the enquiries were for a full retail ERP. Here are a few pics from the apparel fair:
Recently a study has been published which highlights the importance of Retail Analytics in today’s retail scenario. It emphasizes that analytics plays a pivotal role in the decision making and differentiate between a opportunity won and opportunity lost.
The report highlights the following important points:
- The Successful Retailers make decisions on the basis of real time data and reports while there are many retailers who still take the decisions on their past experience and intuitions
- Successful Retailers believe on being proactive, based on the analysis they have done on the consumer data rather than responding to consumer demands to model their own responses.
- Successful Retailers consider money spend on workforce and IT tools for Analytics as an investment while stragglers who worry about money spend on analytics as an expenditure, end up in loosing opportunity due to lack of quality of output.
A good analytics tool, collectively with a good Retail ERP which can capture all the important data, will act as a feeder to Analytics tool, and thereby transforming a Retailer into a successful Retailer.
Ginesys Retail ERP covers all the important data points and capture the data which is important to be act as a input to a good Analytics tool such as QlikView.
To read the complete article please click on the link below
Renowned fashion designer, Ritu Kumar, is planning to open aggressively expand the footprint of her brand ‘Label’ by increasing the store count to 100 over next five years.
Ritu Kumar is the largest & most respected designer-wear brand in India today. Since 1969, it has developed a unique style of its own, reflecting the ancient traditions of Indian craftsmanship in a contemporary vocabulary.
Ritu Kumar has been a cherished customer of Ginesys who uses it end-to-end viz. from procurement to production to sales to analytics.
Team Ginesys wishes Ritu kumar the very best for its future endeavors.
Synonymous to ‘Alternative Clothing’, this leading apparel brand Mufti was looking for a solution that would bring all of its businesses and processes together in a synchronized manner. The company wanted a cost effective solution, which is easy to implement and smooth to operate.
Business Challenges that Mufti had:
Lack of data synchronization:Prior to selecting Ginesys, Mufti was running local software to manage their daily operations. However, the software had major shortcomings such as data discrepancy and lack of data synchronization. With more than 200 outlets spread over different geographies and having a heady mix of EBOs and MBOs, the problem only multiplied further.
Integrating operations: Ginesys provided a solution which integrated front and back-office operations. Working with the fledgling IT team of Mufti, Ginesys was able to improve visibility into daily operations, control on sales stock and consolidate store information.
Standardized business process: The company was able to map their sales process with correct tax parameters and stock transfer to EBO. Another achievement was to comprehend the traditional business processes of Mufti and implement a standardized business process.
In today’s fast-moving and hyper-competitive market, every decision needs to be made with the goal of optimizing the entire product lifecycle. Maximize the visibility and consistency of the entire manufacturing operations – inventory planning, forecasting , real- time data reports and thereby meet the customer expectations and provide a accelerating the growth to your business. The Manufacturing solution enables you to:
- Forecast production and materials based on sales inputs and track against sales orders.
- Connect end- to- end visibility across the entire value chain.
- Deliver real time data and analytics to improve and evaluate the process visibility of your Business.
- Accurate Tracking of Finished materials against Manufacturing Order.
- Manage production lead time and scheduled completion time.
- Process, jobber, article, item-wise rates and service invoice tracking.
- Identifying and managing the intricate work- in- progress situations.
- Reduces the risk of wastage through tracking of actual versus planned consumption and efforts.
- Seamlessly account integration that empowers continuous improvement across the chain.
For full details on Ginesys Manufacturing Solution please click on the link below.